Wednesday, February 20, 2013

jewelry and accessory organizers


For the larger frames:
Take an old wooden frame and paint it the color of your choice. I used acrylic craft paint. I prefer the Martha Stewart ones because they have several options for what type of finish you would like. If the original frame is a darker color than the color you are painting it, I would recommend putting a white coat on it first. Use some sort of wire and glue it to the back of the frame. I used chicken wire for these ones, which can be found at any hardware store. Wiring is hard to cut so wire cutters are highly recommended as well as a stronger glue, such as gorilla glue. Attach small hooks to the bottom of the frames. It helps to drill small holes in before, but it is not totally necessary if one does not have access to one. On one of them I added a ribbon to help hang it up.  It's not totally necessary, but it adds to it.

For the smaller frames:
Because there are no hooks on the bottom of these ones, it is not necessary for the frames to be wooden.  Paint them the color of your choice and glue some sort of wire to the back of the frames.  For these ones, I used rain gutter wire because chicken wire is much too big to hold small earring studs. Then I attached the three small frames together with ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment