Wednesday, February 20, 2013

About this blog




Crafting has always been a part of my life, even as a little girl.  My mom made my Halloween costumes every year and she always let me help.  Most girls would have sleepover birthday parties while my birthday parties consisted of crafting and tea parties. I even took sewing and quilting classes when I was only in the fifth grade. It has always been a small hobby of mine, but it wasn’t until this last summer that it became more than that. Over the summer I was basically on what I like to call “house arrest” and moved around by walker, after having a brain tumor removed. Being that I was barely even mobile, all I could do was rest and watch tv.  I don’t know about you, but a person can go mad sitting in the same room, doing the same thing over and over again for days in a row, and that is what happened to me. “But I’ll tell you a secret. All the best people are."  Things would run through my mind that I would think to myself, no normal person would ever think of such a thing. “Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast,” but that is the best thing that could have happened to me. When you allow your imagination to run as wild as I did, you will find your most creative side. My mom and my friends began to bring over supplies and my life suddenly revolved around what creation I would make next. There is nothing more satisfying than seeing the end result. Crafting is a huge part of my life and I hope some day I can do something big with it. I have created this blog to help those who are stumped and are in need of a push to bring out their creative side.  Everyone needs that push every once in awhile.  Just remember, nothing is what it seems.  Sometimes the ugliest things can be transformed into the prettiest treasures.  Just about anything has the potential to be beautiful if one can use his or her imagination to see past what meets the eye. In my opinion, creativity is the most unique trait a person has and our imaginations can lead us to do great things.

No comments:

Post a Comment